Indoor air pollution refers to the behavior of indoor environmental pollution that causes harmful substances in the indoor air to exceed the standard due to various reasons, thereby affecting human health. Harmful substances include formaldehyde, benzene, ammonia, and radioactive radon. As the pollution level increases, the human body will produce sub-health reactions and even threaten life safety. It is one of the human hazards that have received increasing attention.
There are many indoor air pollutants, mainly divided into three categories:
- Air pollutants. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are the most important component, as well as O3, CO, CO2, NOx, and the radioactive element radon (RN) and its progeny. Especially when the indoor ventilation conditions are poor, these gaseous pollutants will accumulate in the room, and the concentration will increase, some of which can exceed the sanitary standard dozens of times, causing serious indoor air pollution.
- Microbial contaminants. Such as allergic reactants, viruses, fungi and microorganisms that are easy to breed in humid places in the room.
- Inhalable particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5).
- Indoor activities-indoor cooking, uncleanliness, smoking, excessive humidity, and even breathing will cause the increase of indoor air pollutants. Timely purification of indoor air will help improve indoor air quality.
- Outdoor transmission-Obviously, air pollutants are transmissible. When you open doors and windows for ventilation, it is likely that outdoor air pollution will enter the room. Therefore, pay attention to the local air quality and open doors and windows for ventilation when there are fewer pollutants.
Children’s bodies are still developing, so they may be more sensitive and more susceptible to air pollution, especially if they are prone to asthma and allergies.
How does an air scrubber purify the air?
The 3 Stage Filtration System can reduce 99.9% of pollutants in the air and also remove odors in the air. Some models adopt UV-C Light Technology to achieve sterilization effect and make the air environment healthier.